logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 19, 2004

Happy Birthday To Me

Want to know a secret? It's my birthday tomorrow.

Very few people know that. See, I don't like the Centre-Of-Attention aspect of birthdays - actually, I don't like the Centre-of-Attention aspect of anything - and so I keep that information on a need-to-know basis. In other words, my family and my buddy know. That's it. I know that posting the information here will continue that trend, since no one is reading this anyway.

Sooo... I have taken the day off tomorrow (and, indeed, on Monday). I'm going home to see my family. Today I have received an e-card from my buddy.

You may think that letting very few people know about your birthday would increase your chances of people remembering it, but my buddy is bad with dates.

Each month, we have a panicked conversation in which he asks if he's missed my birthday. And then an argument as to when it actually is (I usually win it - what with it being an argument about THE DAY I WAS BORN.)

Although I don't like the Centre-of-Attention-Please-Don't-Sing-Happy-Birthday-To-Me-In-A-Crowded-Office thing, I do like The Present Thing, so please feel free to send me any gifts.

As I will be away, I won't post again until Tuesday. As if you care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise