logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Wear A Bell

I have a junior colleague who really should wear a bell around her neck. She creeps up and me and makes me jump. And always manages to creep up on me when I'm slacking off. The bell system would at least give me a chance to flick from Television Without Pity to Microsoft Word.

(The more I think about it, the more certain I become that I got that "wear a bell round your neck" line from West Wing. If I did, I apologise for the plagarism.)

I have to take back everything I said yesterday about the Radio Times excluding 24 - and more specifically, Jack Bauer - from its list of cool TV. It turns out that they included Jack in their list of TV's coolest characters. They also included The Fonz, though, so I think this shows that their decision-making process was flawed.

I have to forgive them for everything for a while, though, though, as their "One Final Question" feature this week was with Mr Sutherland.

CSI last night was rather a disappointment. Nowhere near enough Grissom. And CSI without lots of Grissom is like a list of cool TV without 24 - incomplete.

In the show last night, Font Of All Wisdom Gil said, "I really don't get people." Amen to that, Griss. Amen to that. What I really hate more than anything else, I'm realising, is people who don't listen. In the words of Simon and Garfunkel (well, just Simon, really, since he wrote the songs - and we know how touchy he gets about Garfunkel getting credit): "people hearing without listening." Amen to that too.

Nip/Tuck last night was rather dull. And I managed to fall asleep before Scrubs began, so I'll be catching the repeat tonight. I'm sure you're all relieved to hear that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise