logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Bill 'N' Hill

I miss Bill Clinton. Apparently, I'm not the only one. When I did a Google to get you the previous Clinton link, the top news result was this.

Don't get me wrong: I liked Clinton when he was in office. But I was only thirteen when he took the oath for the first time, so I could be forgiven for not understanding how much I should have appreciated him. Now that we have a chimp in office, it's easier to see how lucky we were with Clinton.

I was reminded of all this after I watched Clinton's speech to the Democratic National Convention. It was excellent and, of course, Clinton delivered it excellently - including a healthy dose of humour. He made me think that Kerry might even be worth electing.

And, of course, Hillary was good too. I was never too sure about her back in the old days, but I'm a fan now. I have to say: I really hope we see her run for President some day. We screwed up over here with our first female Prime Minister - we managed to elect Satan - but Hillary would be great as the US' first female President. And there's the whole interesting angle of Bill being the first "First Man" - and an ex-President. That would be a great story. Movie material, for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise