logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Curly Haired Acceptance

I've been in denial for a long time, but now I've finally come to terms with it: my hair is curly. Not Can't-Get-A-Comb-Through-It Curly, but Waves-As-Awkwardly-And-As-Much-As-A-Contestant-At-The-End-Of-Who-Wants-To-Be-A-Millionaire Curly.

In order to be at peace with this cruel twist of fate, I have decided to look for fellow people with curly hair whom I admire. The list is going well:

- Larry David
- Marge Simpson
- Art Garfunkel
- Victor Garber

I tell ya, ol'Garber is on many of my lists (Great Canadians, Curly Haired Folk, People Who Play Jack Bristow Really Well in Alias...)

You should pay particular attention to his hair, because his fringe is very similar to mine. It is what I have traditionally called Nike fringe. Think of the Nike swoosh embodied in hair. That's my fringe. It's got a short of wave right in the middle and then - cos I brush it to the side - it flips right at the end. I tell ya, Nike should pay me for the free advertising I do for them.

Of course, I am now growing out my fringe after making a daft promise to my Mum, so I'll no longer have a "Nike". I'll have to leave the continuation of it to Victor. It's all on you, buddy. Don't worry - I know you're up to it.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Fizzwhizz said…

    Grrrr. That Nike website does that thing where it won't let you use the "back" button on your browser to leave the site and go back to the URL you came from. Just another thing to add to the list of things I hate about Nike.

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Fizzwhizz said…

    By the way, Aveda's "Be Curly" and Charles Worthington's anti-frizz mousee are great products for turning kind-of-stoopid curly hair into charming bouncy tresses. I should know. My hair is of the in-between-curls-and-straight type and really, mousse and a diffuser is so much less time-wasting than straighteners - who really has 14 hours every morning to iron their barnet?

     
  • At 1:32 AM, Blogger Hypatia said…

    I, however, have totally poker straight hair due to my Chinese genes: it is so straight I can't even plait it - it just springs back into a straight bob like memory wire. Hell, it springs back into a straight bob even when I've had a completely different haircut: I once had exciting choppy layers cut into it with Interesting Detail Around the Crown and then got caught in the rain and hey presto - I had a straight one length bob again.

    I recommend investing in lots of interesting hair accessories for the growing out period - any excuse for glittery butterfly shaped tiny clips, eh?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise