logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

E4 Brings Us Larry David

Great news: Series 3 of Curb Your Enthusiasm comes to UK TV screens next Thursday! Bad news: it's on E4.

I have to confess: I have no idea why E4 have bought this show. Not that it's not great: it is. It's just that, in my opinion, it's the kind of show that will totally, absolutely, 125% not appeal to the channel's demographic. OK, they're showing it after Six Feet Under, presumably thinking that a quirky crowd watches that and so will stick around for Curb. But, in my opinion, Curb is an altogether different thing. It's bitter.

The BBC should have kept it, if you ask me. But, instead of dumping it on BBC4, put it on BBC2 for Chrissake. At 10pm. Build an audience for it.

Now it's gone to E4, I fear that the powers that be there will do the usual: realise that no-one is watching it, shift it to the middle of the night when it's certain that no-one will watch it, and then fail to buy the next series, leaving us without the genius of our buddy Larry.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: thank God for DVD. At least there will be some way to watch it when the idiot UK channels screw up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise