logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Monday, August 16, 2004

Garfield The Movie: Bad, Bad, Bad

I went to see it this past weekend. I know, strange choice. But I love Garfield, and I love Bill Murray, and I felt obliged to see whether or not this movie would kill my love for both of them.

Fortunately, it didn't. Because my love for both of 'em is strong enough not to be killed by a bloody awful movie. Oh, Bill was great, of course. But the plot was no where to be found. And it also stars Jennifer Love Hewitt. I don't understand her. Why is she famous? I mean, I know she is, but I just don't know what she, er, does.

Much blushing when buying the ticket. I wanted to avoid talking to the ticket guy - not least since he was the same guy who from whom I bought a ticket for teen flick 13 Going on 30 - so went for the automated machine. Which screwed up. And gave me a ticket for an entirely different film. Had to go to guy. Then further misunderstanding meant I had to go back. Needless to say, the whole situation was as bad as the film.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Fizzwhizz said…

    I have often wondered the same thing about JLH. I mean, I know she started off in that TV thing about the orphaned kids, but as far as I can tell now the only notable thing about her is that she continually manages to balance a normal-sized head and boobs on a starving-kid body, which must put a terrible strain on her emaciated back (I don't mean to sound like I'm implying that this is some fault of hers, by the way, I appreciate that this is the only way to get regular work in Hollywood, so I'm not criticising her for it).
    I wonder what her fan base is? Like, she's obviously still a bankable star, but for what audience? Kids? She takes her top off in men's magazines, doesn't she, so you'd think she'd be in the "Really Fast Street Racing Cars III" type of movie, rather than kids' films. Or maybe she is, and I just don't know about it because I don't watch them - there you go, that's probably why she's famous, she's probably in one of those movies with Vim Diesel.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise