logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 12, 2004

o2 Here I Come

I've given up on Orange. I've been with them for about five years now, but their service has become progressively worse, and I genuinely felt that if I received another promotional text message or - worse - media message from them, I would have to hurl my mobile over to the other side of the room.

And they've become more and more expensive.

So I'm shifting to o2, a decision which I am more than prepared to regret. The deal seems good, though. Twenty quid a month, 300 inclusive minutes to any network (offpeak), and 500 text messages. On Orange, I was getting 50 free minutes a day offpeak, but only to land and Orange lines. And no free texts. And it wound up costing me about 30 quid a month.

So I think this is a good plan.

I managed to get a Nokia handset - I refuse to shift to any other make. The model I've picked has, I believe, an MP3 player, a camera, a video recorder, a parachute, a Swiss Army Knife, and can in the event of nuclear disaster expand into a fallout shelter. Or maybe I made the last few of those things up. But it does seem to me that we're losing sight of what mobile phones were meant to be about - phone calls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise