logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Monday, August 02, 2004

What's All The Fuss About?

In between mammouth sessions of Grand Theft Auto, trying to fix a window that wouldn't shut (don't even ask), and melting in the hideous London heat, I managed to find time this weekend to watch Spiderman 2. I went to see it at the Ritzy which, as I may have mentioned before, is a truly fabulous cinema.

I'd seen the first Spiderman because The Buddy is a Spidey nut. So, y'know, I felt obliged to see the second - not least because it has received excellent reviews, including an "A" in Entertainment Weekly - an occurence rarer than a hamster voting Bush.

Anyways, I was a little, er, underwhelmed. I think the problem is that I can't really do all this superhero stuff. I enjoyed the teenage angst side of the storyline, but the rest of it left me a little cold. And it contained the highest number of unrealistic screams I think I've ever seen. It was also way too long.

But other than that - I enjoyed it.

I spotted the Stan Lee cameo. That's what you get for associating with comic book fans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise