logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Ah, Freedom

I was meant to be working this weekend, but in light of Tuesday's events (ie. my redundancy) I decided to say sod it and to have a rest. Formally speaking, I'm not redundant until the first week of October but, heck, my job won't exist after then so it's over as far as I'm concerned.

There are some new posts being created, and we have to apply for them if we're interested. I'm a little conflicted over what to do. On the one hand, I guess it would be playing it safe to apply. On the other, I have no desire to stay and haven't done for a long time. Nor do I want the new job. Nor do I want to be managed by the guy who will now be heading up our department. Nor do I want a situation where I get offered a job, decide I don't want it, and lose my redundancy pay. So I'm thinking I might just go. This might be the kick up the arse I need to go and do something else.

Have spend the past twenty four hours engaged in an Alias marathon. Have I ever mentioned how much I love this show? I watched the final four episodes of Season 2 last night, and the first two episodes of Season 3 this morning. The latter contained lots of Jack-centric stories which you know I love. I've said it before, I'll say it again: Jack Bristow and Victor Garber rule. Gotta love 'em.

And if you don't cry like a baby when Jack and Syd are reunited during the Season 3 opener then, honestly, you're just like the company that cut me loose on Tuesday - you don't have a heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise