logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Do You Ever...

...reword song lyrics so that they become ridiculously verbose and sound like they are being spoken by someone who owns a Landrover, green wellies, and wears a black velvet handband?

Here's what I mean:

"If you're planning to attend festivities in San Francisco, I would advise that you wear some sort of floral decoration in your tresses".

And it can work the other way too:

"You going to San Francisco? You wanna put some, like, flowers in your barnet, innit?"

Hours of fun, I'm sure you'll agree.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Taxloss said…

    "Try to conceive of a scenario where death in this world is not followed by reward in a deocentric second world. It isn't hard to do if you expend the effort. Similarly, attempt to conceive of the lack of a polar opposite to the above scenario, involving punishment in a purgatorial environment situated either figuratively or allegorically underneath our current plane. With the absence of the first scenario "above" us, we would be left with only the Earth's atmosphere. Now conceive of the entire population of the world performing with little emphasis on long- or even short-term goals.

    "Next, construct a hypothesis involving the total removal of all forms of regional and national authority and statehood. Again, this should be easy to accomplish. This would mean the end of all causes, political agendas, and war aims, and thus the end to all reasons for the atrifical cessation of life. This is assompanied by the disappearance of organised worship of deities ..."

    John Lennon, Imagine.

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger McReadie said…

    Ba ha ha ha! Outstanding! I doff my hat to you, Mr Taxloss (or would if I were wearing one).

    In contrast, my original attempt seems pitiful. Hmmmm, maybe I shall have to spend some more time rewording other musical oeuvres.

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Fizzwhizz said…

    No I don't, but I do make up words for songs where I can't make out the lyrics. So does one of my friends, who was convinced for many years that the Chemical Brothers' "Brother's gonna work it out" was actually "Brother's gone to work, get out!".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise