logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Monday, September 13, 2004

Dodgeball

I went to see Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story this past weekend. I wasn't too sure what to expect, since some reviews had slated it. The Guardian, however, sung its praises, and with a two pound off voucher for the Streatham Odeon - and figuring that nothing could be worse than the truly terrible The Terminal which I suffered through last Wednesday - I set off for the cinema.

Well, I was very pleasantly surprised. It was very enjoyable - funny, strangely sweet, and starring a host of excellent people. The cameo stars were particular impressive. Hey - look - there's the mighty Hank Azaria! Wait, isn't that Jason Bateman, who I adored so much in his role in mid to late 80s comedy Valerie (subsequently The Hogan Family). Why, yes, yes it is! And hang on just one cotton picking moment! That's six time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong in a funny and non-cringeworthy cameo!

So, really, go along and see it. It's just a simple sweet little comedy and it's none the less enjoyable for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise