logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Monday, September 13, 2004

Emmy Prediction Competition

Any of you who've been with this blog from the beginning (ha) will remember that one of my earliest posts spoke of the Golden Globe Predicition Competition that The Buddy and I created. Well, with the Emmys just around the corner, we are about to test our Emmy-winner-predicting skills. The Buddy won the Golden Globes comp. Can I triumph on the Emmys, I ask myself?

The problem I'm having is that I know my picks are going to be swayed by sentiment. How can I possibly bet against our favourite Spy Daddy (copyright: Television Without Pity) Victor Garber? It just doesn't seem right.

Normally, I would find it tough to bet against Kiefer Sutherland, but he's in the same category as new buddy on the block Anthony LaPaglia who, has previously discussed, submitted a damn fine episode to the Emmy judges. So I think we'll have to go with Tony. I'm finding it easier to be rational when it comes to our buddy Kiefer lately. Hmmm... I don't really know why that is.

And Larry! How can I possibly bet on someone other than my comedy hero? Well, actually, I think I may manage it in the best comedy actor category. John Ritter is up for the prize too and, I hate to say it, but I make a rule of never betting against the dead guy.

Well, that was a truly unsentimental, cynical statement to the extent that I have disgusted myself. Maybe I will manage to be ruled by my head rather than by my heart.

(It's OK, Victor, sweetheart, I'm picking you. Don't worry. You should know, though, that my picking someone to win something usually means they lose. I'm sorry in advance).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise