logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Leno Retires... But Not Til 2009

Big news in US late night TV - Jay Leno is retiring in 2009.

I have to confess that I've never really understood why Leno is the King of Late Night in terms of ratings. I'm a Letterman gal all the way.

Anyway, the even more interesting news is that Conan O'Brien will be Leno's replacement.

I like Conan. He's an acquired taste, but now that I get it, I like his show. I have to admit, though, I'm kind of disappointed that he's taking over from Leno. I'd hoped he'd defect to CBS and take over after Letterman decides to retire. After all, Conan's funny. It seems therefore he should be the heir to a funny guy - Dave - and not Jay.

Of course, this now leads to the question of who will take over from Dave. A lot will be hoping for Jon Stewart. I'd be happy with that. I've been a fan since the days of the little-remembered BBC show "Where's Elvis This Week?"

But you know what would be a more courageous choice? Bonnie Hunt. She'd be great at hosting, she's a buddy of Letterman's so could - I dunno - talk through what makes a great late night show prior to taking over, and she's just criminally underrated. Think outside the box, CBS. Think Bonnie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise