logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Monday, September 13, 2004

Revels

I've been meaning to mention this for weeks. At last, I've remembered. The mighty Revels have finally realised that the revolting peanut sweet was letting them down. So they've replaced them - with raisins! Praise be! It's a superb move which now means you don't have to ruin your Revel experience by attempting to weed out the peanuts. It does mean, however, that I think the best joke I ever saw a stand-up comedian tell no longer works.

Q: How do you play Russian Roulette with a peanut allergy sufferer?
A: Give them a pack of Revels.

Still makes me laugh. I heard it on some up-and-coming comedians show years ago but sadly can't remember the name of the guy who told it, so I can't give proper credit.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Fizzwhizz said…

    I quite like the peanut Revels actually. It's the caramel ones I can't stand, because they're so tooth-breakingly hard - I always find when I eat Revels that I have to approach each Revel very gingerly because you never know whether it's a nice coffee one that you can sink your teeth into or whether it's a caramel one thaht needs to be sucked.

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger McReadie said…

    Ah, but Fizzwhizz - the caramel is truly delightful if treated with caution. I would advise a careful exploratory bite and then, in the event of a caramel discovery, an imitation of a hamster - store it in your cheek for later consumption.

    Yes, it is true that it is a bit hit and miss with knowing which Revels are which. Fortunately, I am highly trained in this field. I am now rarely wrong, and can almost always accurately select an orange or coffee one for my Mum.

    (I should not be proud of this. It shows my high Revel consumption. Sigh.)

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Fizzwhizz said…

    True. The guessing which one you're about to eat is half the joy of the Revel. Although obviously you get no points for the one that's pure chocolate coz the shape gives it away.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise