logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Friday, September 17, 2004

Teitur's Playing London!

Both of them, in fact - the one I live in, and the one I wish I lived in.

Teitur is a singer-songwriter from the Faroe Islands, and I discovered his lovely album Poetry and Aeroplanes oooo, a year or so ago.

I checked his website frequently for European gigs - and got excited and disappointed when I realised the first London he played was the one I wished I lived in rather than the one I do live in.

But a quick check today revealed he will be playing right here - in fact, just a few minutes' walk from where I work - at The Spitz. It looks far too trendy for me to visit but, heck, it's Teitur. I'm going, even if it means acute social discomfort.

After realising that you couldn't book tickets online, I eagerly phoned the venue, credit card in hand. They seemed quite surprised by my request to book a ticket for the event, showing no desire to get hold of my credit details, and instead talking of a ticket being "reserved" for me. I've fallen into my usual trap - thinking that something I am really excited about will excite more than two other people.

I did a similar thing before one of my first visits to The Ritzy. I phoned to book for a film - I can't remember which - and told the woman I wanted one ticket. Her response: "You know what, I think you're going to be OK just turning up".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise