logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 03, 2004

At Last...

...I've figured out who potential First Lady Teresa Heinz Kerry reminds me of! I mean, she's already reminded me of a slightly menacing ex-Republican who inherited a stack of cash from her now deceased Ketchup Company hubby. But I knew all along that she also reminded me of someone else.

It's been bothering me for weeks. The slightly foreign accent. The head of carefully styled brown hair. The "Trust Me, I'm Not Evil, Really" smile.

All attributes shared by everyone's favourite Is She Bad/Is She Good-Spy Mommy-Laura Bristow/Irina Derevko! (It's an Alias reference, people - c'mon! I hadn't mentioned the show for at least three days!)

Compare the pictures which I'm too stupid to figure out how to post to the blog!

Teresa Heinz Kerry
Laura Bristow/Irina Derevko (portrayed by Lena Olin)

C'mon! You're seeing the similarities, right? I mean, I'm clearly doing a massive disservice to Lena Olin but there is a ressemblance, is there not?

And think about their back stories! Teresa acts like she's a Democrat, despite having previously been a Republican. Laura/Irina acts like she's helping the CIA but is ex-KGB. A coincidence? I THINK NOT.

I'm telling you: there's something a little unsettling about the similarities. Or there would be if Irina Derevko were a real person rather than a fictional character. Sigh, damn my love for TV and my resulting tenuous grip on reality. But, hey, if Teresa eventually turns out just to have married John Kerry to get Democratic secrets, don't say I didn't warn you. It's the exact same thing as happened to my dear Jack Bristow and that bitch of a wife of his.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise