logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Thursday, October 21, 2004

OK, Now There Really Is Contamination Everywhere

Another visit to the Maudsley this morning. A good session, with quite a few laughs, but also hideous plans for the extension of contamination (a word I shouldn't use, since nothing is really contaminated, but you know what I mean).

Here's the deal: I have had a very real problem sitting on my bed in clothes I've worn on the tube, train, bus etc. Thoughts of how filthy London public transport is flood my head. As a result, I haven't worn "outside" clothes on my bed at home.

I kinda knew that a step in the therapy would be to do that. However, these clinical psychologist dudes know exactly what they're doing, and they like to push you to the next discomfort level. As a result, I am currently sitting on my bed in my outside clothes, and have also been lying under my duvet in my outside clothes (which, incidentally, have also been contaminated by money in a rather amusing little section of the session).

Blurgh. Oh, and next week is home visit time. This is where your therapists come into your own home in order to help you overcome concerns about contamination.

The treatment can be quite unpleasant, but I feel as though I'm making progress, and I do really want to get rid of this problem. Even if it does mean, as my clinical psychologist suggested, imagining that I'm sleeping on a tube train...

3 Comments:

  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Fizzwhizz said…

    Yay! Snaps to you! (I don't really know what that means but I think it's some trendy way of saying "well done")
    Clearly you are making progress. I hope you feel good about yourself in between the surges of revulsion.

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Fizzwhizz said…

    PS Will there be any more polls?

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger McReadie said…

    Thanks for the kind words, Fizzwhizz :) Here's hoping I can kick the obsessive compulsive habit...

    Polls - awww, well since you asked so nicely (and you know how I hate to disappoint my adoring public - ha!) I'll have a think about the burning issues we could explore, and then come up with something centred around TV.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise