logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Richard Dreyfuss

I like Richard Dreyfuss. He seems like an agitated, nervous kind of a guy, and anyone who's nervous is alright with me.

He's pulled out of the West End version of "The Producers", citing injury, but this article implies he may just have had worries about his abilities in the role. You gotta love him for that.

I'd highly recommend watching him in What About Bob?, which also stars the mighty Bill Murrary, and in Mr Holland's Opus. The former is utterly hilarious if you, or anyone you know, has any vague anxiety disorder, and the latter is the kind of overly-emotional stuff that anyone with a heart can't fail but be drawn into.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger Hypatia said…

    Mr Holland's Opus! *Groan* I watch that film every time it is on TV and I swear to myself I won't fall for its schmaltz and sentiment but before I know it, I'm lying in a heap, weeping and then I spend the rest of the day feeling warm and fuzzy.

    I wish I played a musical instrument. Recorder and harmonica and spoons don't count.

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger McReadie said…

    Ha ha! Anyone with a heart can't help but fall for it. I'm ashamed to admit I must have seen it at least five times, and every damn time it manages to get me, despite its frequent sledgehammer approach (he's a music teacher, and yet his kid is deaf!) and the highly annoying voice his wife has. Sigh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise