logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Monday, October 11, 2004

Sad News - Christopher Reeve Has Died

Very sad news this morning - Christopher Reeve has died of heart failure.

I don't think there's anyone on the earth who couldn't have been moved and inspired by his story since his riding accident, and I'm sure that everyone is confronting the news with the sadness I feel.

I think I'd assumed that his tireless work for greater research into paralysis and a possible cure would mean that he would live to see a cure for, or at least a technique leading to a very dramatic improvement in, his condition. It's very sad that this won't now happen, but I figure we should be grateful for the work that did happen when he was alive, and the work that will continue in the future in his name.

His family are asking that donations be made to his Foundation. I was pleased to be unable to get onto the website when I tried this morning - "The page cannot be displayed. There are too many people accessing the Web site at this time." Here's hoping that all those people donate as much as they can to the foundation, and that some day the cure that Reeve had dreamed of will be found.

Be interesting to see what George Bush says on the issue - what a tribute to this Super Man it would be to permit greater stem cell research.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise