logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Back From the Doc

I am re-registered and apparently I'm not the only one to have been struck off the list. So, y'know, I feel less singled out.

Had a nice little chat with my GP, who I hadn't seen for a while. I have to say - I have all the time in the world for GPs. I've been very lucky. I've only ever really had two - my doc at my family home, who's known me since I was a bump in my Mummy's tummy - and my doc here who I've had for the past four years. Both are superb. I'm always saddened when I hear about people who've had bad experiences with GPs. After all, they're the healthcare professional you're probably gonna see the most, and the gatekeeper to all other health services. Getting into the mighty Maudsley would have been a whole lot tougher had I not had a GP willing to make the referral.

Anyways, I apparently do have tonsilitis. And so now I have a supply of antibiotics. I was under the impression that this was an illness which didn't affect anyone over the age of about ten, but Fizzwhizz is also a more mature sufferer of the ol'sore throat.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Fizzwhizz said…

    OK I take it back about tonsilitis then. You poor dear. It's miserable isn't it (and often stress-related). If you can, try not to take antibiotics - they don't do any good because it's a virus, not a bacteria, and the only way I got rid of my recurring tonsilitis was to go through it a couple of times without anti-Bs and build an immunity to whatever was causing it.
    The ony other thing I recommend as a seasoned sufferer is gargling with soluble aspirin to reduce the swelling and pain in your throat - if you don't swallow the aspirin, you can do it really quite often and it helps. Paracetamol and nurofen won't be as effective because aspirin is such a good anti-inflammatory.
    Oh yeah, and of course as every child knows, when you have a sore throat the best thing for you is lots of ice cream, which doesn't make you fat because it's medicine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise