logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Face The Fear - Blurgh

My boss has been kind enough to invite me down to his home in Exeter. And then to invite me to go to the big Exeter fireworks display on Friday night, along with his lovely family. And then to stay at his home on Friday night, and return to London on Saturday.

For reasons that will probably seem absurd to you, all of these events are hugely anxiety provoking for me. Often, I would have gone in for avoidance. But those Maudsley peeps have poisoned my mind with this face-the-anxiety stuff.

So I said yes.

And I'm feeling really anxious.

Blurgh.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Fizzwhizz said…

    I thought you were "between jobs" at the moment? when did you get a new one? and congrats.

    You'll be fine in Exeter. And if it gets too much,you know, you can always come home again, it's not exactly a long way away.

    And hey, imagine if you don't go - you'll just keep on turning down possible opportunities to make change in your life, and then you'll stay the same for ever, and isn't that a hell of a lot more scarey than a weekend in exeter with some nice people who, for all you know, have got some OCD cousin somewhere that means they have more understanding of your issues than you think?

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger McReadie said…

    Thanks for the words of encouragement, Fizzwhizz. As you'll see from posts above, I made it through and, as you so wisely predicted, was glad that I faced the anxiety. Phew. I do now feel, however, like sleeping for about a week :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise