logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Face The Fear

I keep thinking I should stop watching the news channels, and their US election coverage. It's just making me nervous. And it's not like there will be any results news for hours yet.

Then I remember the teachings of the mighty Maudsley. Face anxieties. Anticipation of the anxiety provoking action is always worse than the anxiety which comes from the action itself. So I'm leaving the news channels on.

Face the fear.

(C'MON KERRY).

1 Comments:

  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Fizzwhizz said…

    So true. I'm always telling Prince Charming the same thing as he has a terrible habit of sitting around imagining the worst possible outcome of any situation and then convincing himself that that's the only possible way things can be, and then getting pissed off about it. I used to be the same until (sorry for the evangelism folks but it's true) learning visualisation meditation helped me realise how pointless it is and how much better it is to look at what you're doing from the outside and then force yourself to visualise all the other possible endings as well, all of which could equally happen.
    If only I could now convince rince Charming's brother, who has a terrible time giving himself panic attacks about stuff that might not even happen. Gaah! (irony)If only everyone were as well-adjusted as me (/irony)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise