logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

McReadie Nuggets: The Top Source of OCD Humour

Delighted to discover that someone found the site through doing a Google for "Joke OCD". It's cos of my mental health dudes' elephant story, but maybe I'll try and think up a few jokes of my own to add.

That Google term also brings up this excellent, spot-on piece about how people with OCD feel about the mighty TV show Monk.

(I am slightly concerned that the person who searched entered "joke ocd" rather than "ocd joke". Is the person thinking that OCD is a joke of an "illness", I ask myself? Then I realise that such worrying is probably, y'know, just my OCD).

3 Comments:

  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Fizzwhizz said…

    Au contraire, syntactical nit-picking on other people's google search strings merely indicates that you will one day be a multi-award-winning sub-editor. Personally, I am unable to watch or read the news at the moment because of the high incidence of headlines/reports that include the words "the Berkshire train crash which killed seven people".

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Taxloss said…

    I have yet to find any good Depressive jokes. But there was a very funny thread on a Seroxat users' support website that asked people to come up with a good slogan for that evil little pill. The most memorably funny were:

    SEROXAT: If you're going to kill yourself, you might as well feel GREAT about it!

    SEROXAT: Now you don't care either!

    SEROXAT: You won't want to stop taking it!

    SEROXAT: Something this good should be illegal!

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger McReadie said…

    Ah, you see, right there Fizzwhizz you have identified what I feel is a very important point. As part of my treatment, I have to fill in loads of questionnaires asking about my attitudes on various statements. Typically, there are several which relate to the importance of detail. I always feel those are a bit unfair on me - I feel like filling in next to them: "I am a sub-editor, you know. What do you bloody well expect?"

    Taxloss - hmmmm, yes, depression jokes are a little more difficult to find, it's true. I'll have to have a think and a hunt. Your Seroxat slogans made me smile - two people to whom I've very close had stints on that medication...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise