logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Parties

The Golden Globes were broadcast last night on LivingTV.

Larry David was nominated for an award.

He wasn't there.

I loved that. I've always thought that there is only one advantage to being famous - the ability not to show up at parties. Now, if I tell someone I'm not showing up a party, I get a whole load of nagging and whinging. But if you're famous, who can nag and whinge? No-one!

So I'm hoping Larry decided he just didn't feel like turning up, and so... didn't. Course, his non-attendance could be for another reason - maybe his kids have the chicken pox, maybe he's working, maybe he's on holiday somewhere - but I'm going to go with the idea that he didn't turn up cos he didn't want to turn up. I'm going with the idea that he's capitalising on what I see as the only benefit of fame. Not showing up, and not getting nagged about it.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Fizzwhizz said…

    so - the money, the sex, the free clothes and tickets to gigs/shows/clubs/sports matches, the upgrades on plane flights, the entourage of people telling you you're great at all times, the nail technicians, personal trainers, stylists, hair and makeup artists, the trophy weddings, the chance to use your influence to make the world a better place - these things don't appeal?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise