logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Student McReadie

My Open University course officially started on Sunday. I say "officially" because, geek that I am, I started work on the course more or less as soon as I received my course materials. Part of the reason for that was a desire to get ahead so that I wouldn't fall behind if work got shitty, but most of it was just a reflection on the geeky student that is McReadie.

Yesterday, I wrote my first essay on the course (due date: 16 March). It only has to be 1000 words. I remember that back in my prime at university, I could write a 3000 word essay in about two and a half hours. A 500 word introduction took me about half an hour when I was really in the zone.

Yesterday: 1000 words on a fairly straightforward question took me over two hours.

I think I may be out of practice.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Fizzwhizz said…

    Nah, you're jsut trying harder because you're a)older and therefore more applied and b) paying for the damn thing so there's way more incentive to actually get some value out of it instead of getting pissed all term and then doing all your coursework in one afternoon in the library.

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Taxloss said…

    Even your present rate seems prolific to me. For me, a 1000-word feature takes about five years.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise