logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Monday, March 14, 2005

Did I Or Didn't I Fly?

You may remember that when we last left our "hero" (yeah, that'd be me), she was preparing herself for Saturday 12 March 2005 - the day McReadie was due to become airborne in an attempt to beat a lifelong phobia of flying.

You may remember I (yeah, I'm done with the third person thing) wasn't feeling too great, and was concerned I may have to chicken out.

That pattern continued for the rest of Friday.

On Friday night, I didn't really sleep.

By Saturday morning, severe panic was beginning to set in.

The panic reached a peak during the the two hours waiting in the airport to board the flight.

They included much crying, panic attacks, and some nasty words about my lovely mental health dudes which I really didn't mean and would like to take back.

But...

I got on the plane. I took the flight. I did it.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Hypatia said…

    Wow! Well done! Flying is far from pleasant but you did it! Now do it again!

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Fizzwhizz said…

    Congratulations! And may I say, who are you? You're certainly not the McReadie we all remember from a year ago. You appear to have nobbled her and replaced her with some fearless imposter

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise