logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Keeping Up With The Joneses? Buy A Hamster!

As I've mentioned before, I love hamsters. I always wanted one as a kid, but wasn't allowed so made do with short periods of hamster-sitting when hamster-owning friends went on holiday. I always vowed that when I grew up, I would buy my own hamster. Little did I know that my youthful vow would be difficult to keep due to the practicalities of rented accommodation.

Nonetheless, I still dream of the day when I'll own one of the furry little critters.

Now, typically, when it comes to issues of ownership, I'm ahead of the game. I had an iPod relatively early on, ditto DVD player, and have a laptop. It now seems that I was also ahead of the game when it came to wanting to become a hamster owner. A hamster made the front page of The Times today, following the news that hamsters have been added to a "shopping basket" of items the prices of which are used to measure inflation. Apparently, a lot of young people are turning to hamsters due to the impracticality of keeping a dog or cat in the shoebox-like flats in which many live.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Fizzwhizz said…

    What's the problem with keeping a hamster in rented accomodation? I keep a cat in rented accommodation. And he's considerably more destructive than a hamster would be.

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger McReadie said…

    Ah, well, see, formally, legally speaking, by the terms of my contract, I'm not allowed any pets. But the bigger problem is that my flat is the size of a shoebox, and so finding space for the furry little critter's cage would be problematic. As would what to do with the little guy when I went on holiday... Sigh...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise