logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Monday, April 18, 2005

Armstrong Retires

Armstrong has announced his retirement. He's gonna hang up his wheels after the 2005 Tour.

I've kinda grown up with Armstrong's career. In the first cycling magazine I ever bought, at the age of twelve, he was featured as the great young hope of American cycling. I grinned as he became the youngest ever winner of the World Championships. I still vividly remember the day when I read that he'd been diagnosed with testicular cancer. At university, tears came to my eyes as I read about his first victory after recovering from the disease. And now, some fifteen years later, I'm hopefully gonna be at the roadside watching his final race.

It's the end of an era, but boy are there some great memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise