logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Here, Take A Look At The Problem

Wow, this digital camera is really coming in handy! Now I can document dull tales of my day to day life in pictures! Are you excited as I am?

So, here, take a look at the problem with the glasses. Note the badly behaved right arm. Note that said right arm has been temporarily "repaired" by Glasses Veteran McReadie with a nice little bit of cling film. Note that the broken glasses rest on the Open University textbook from which McReadie should be studying instead of blogging about broken glasses.

100_0127

Note that McReadie is currently wondering whether or not the cling film will be noticeable to my psychatrist during tomorrow's session, since he sits to my right. It's strange, but I always make quite a big effort to appear neat and presentable during sessions. Back at the beginning, it used to be in an effort to say: "Look, I'm not that crazy! Sometimes I iron!" But Christ knows what it's for now.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Fizzwhizz said…

    Hehe. I really like the idea of someone with OCD making an effort to look really, really neat, tidy and well-ironed for a psychiatrist's appointment in an effort to look like they don't have OCD...

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger McReadie said…

    :) Exactly. Trying to look "sane" is an excellent way to make yourself look "insane". Much like when you feel yourself blushing and try not to blush - guaranteed that your face will rapidly turn redder than a beetroot.

    It reminds me of when I went for my assessment interview at the Maudsley. Naturally, I was about half an hour early, and so had to hang around outside, grappling with the question of how to look normal when standing outside a mental hospital. I'm sure I've never looked more shifty in my life :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise