logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Friday, April 15, 2005

I'm Voting Lib Dem

It's decided. I'm voting Liberal Democrat. I have done before, you understand. But I was in a little doubt as to how to vote this election. As ever, my major priority is to keep the Conservatives out. When I'm voting on conscience, it has to be Lib Dem all the way. But, of course, sometimes a tactical vote is needed.

Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, my constituency has been solid Labour since about 1888 and so there's no danger of a Tory win if I go with the Lib Dems.

And this story this morning has given me an extra reason to vote for 'em - Charles Kennedy likes Simon and Garfunkel.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Jo said…

    Hiya, thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my recent post about CBT.

    I'd heard of CBT as it's often recommended for people like myself who have M.E/CFS but unfortunately it doesn't always work for that particular illness. A lot of people with OCD have stopped by however, and told me how much they benefited from CBT so it's helped put my mind at rest. Thank you for being one of those people.

    I've added you to my blogroll so I'll definitely be back soon to read more of your blog.

    Take Care,

    Jo

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Fizzwhizz said…

    Welcome to the fold! You won't regret it. The whole point of democracy is that you choose the party with whose policies you most agree, and then vote for them - admittedly, because of our ridiculous first-past-the-post system, occasionally tactical voting is necessary, but all that 'I'm not voting Lib Dem because they're such a small party' stuff that people say is such bullshit.
    Stick with the Lib Dems. The local income tax is a great idea; the anti-war stance is admirable; the environmental policies are exemplary.
    We're going to make massive, massive gains this time round - students are rallying behind the party in a massive way - and by the end of the decade I really think we'll be the official party of Opposition.

    Plus, my dad is really annoyed that I vote Lib Dem because he brought me up SDP and has never really forgiven them for the merger....but hey, at least you can see where I get my idealistic politics from. Mind you, he's a fully paid-up member of the Blair brigade now, oh dear.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise