logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Anyone Willing To Participate?

As some of you may remember, I started a psychology course with the Open University back in January.

Well, I've now reached the part of the course where I have to conduct experiments, and that means I'm looking for willing volunteers.

Would any of you be able to help? It's just one experiment, and all you'd have to do is to read a couple of paragraphs and then answer one question. There's no right or wrong answer to the question, and once you've given your answer I'll fully debrief you as to what the experiment was about - and you can choose to withdraw at that or any point if for any reason you want to (I'd remind you that I have only been studying psychology for five months, and so this experiment is far from in-depth).

If anyone is willing to help out, just drop me a comment here, or send an e-mail along to mcreadienuggets@yahoo.co.uk and I'll send you the material and my gratitude.

Thanks, everyone.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:31 AM, Anonymous BB said…

    Count me in... experiment away.

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger McReadie said…

    Brilliant - thanks, Bernard. Will drop you an e-mail shortly! :)

     
  • At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Jo said…

    Hi McReadie,

    Thanks for the comment and advice re: CBT.

    The place where I go for therapy does offer one-to-one sessions, but up until a couple of months ago they didn't have a CBT therapist in post so I'm assuming they're placing everyone in groups to begin with in order to cut down the waiting lists. I mean I was on the waiting list for nearly 18 months before I was sent an appointment for an 'interview' to see if CBT was going to help me, and then it was another few weeks before I was given a group therapy appointment. I know that at the end of the course they offer people the chance to discuss things on a one-to-one basis though, so maybe if you're struggling to get to grips with it they offer you an individual appointment???

    As for the lead therapists comments about the usual 'rules' and 'practices' not applying to me I'm not 100% sure what she meant either. I did ask at the time, but she basically said that as it's a group session she's not at liberty to discuss individual cases because of confidentiality rules etc, and that the information she's providing is more generalised so that everyone in the group can benefit from it. I understand that she was protecting my privacy, and I totally respect her for that, but I have to admit I was a bit frustrated by her explanation.

    I can only guess that she's talking about my M.E/CFS, which as far as I know nobody else in the group has - there's recently been an article produced by the British Medical Journal which suggests that 7% of M.E/CFS sufferers found CBT helpful, 26% said it made their condition worse, and 67% reported that there was no change in their condition. Perhaps there are different techniques which can be applied to help people like me??? I don't know - I only know what I found out yesterday, and as someone who has benefited from CBT you know much more about what's involved than I do which is why I appreciate your advice so much. :o)

    I'm hoping that the next few sessions will be more productive and that I'll learn how to apply some of the techniques to my own situation, so I'm not going to give up - not yet anyway ;o) I'll keep you posted and let you know how I get on next week!

    Thanks again for taking the time to care & share,

    Jo

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Alex said…

    Yeah sure. alexmann@hotmail.co.uk

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise