logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Monday, May 09, 2005

Friday Night Lights

OK, hands up, who remembers my embarrassing love for sports movies? No one? You're really not paying attention at all are you, kids? Wake up.

Well, anyway, my love for sports movies means that I have been anticipating Friday Night Lights for AGES. It got an excellent review in my beloved Entertainment Weekly, it's based on a true story (which has been related in a book), and it covers social issues alongside sport. Sounds like everything I would adore, but I began to fear its US sport subject matter would mean it never got a UK release as the months ticked by. I thought it was going to be a whole Welcome to Mooseport situation (never released in UK cinemas, but I wanted to see it cos it stars the lovely Fred Savage).

So imagine my excitement the other day when I finally saw posters up for Friday Night Lights! It's out this Friday. Needless to say, this weekend will involve a cinema trip for McReadie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise