logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The Opening-The-Window Dilemma

As I previously mentioned (for "mentioned", read "moaned about") it is really very hot here at the moment.

Now, in hot weather, most people like to open the window. I do, for example. Trouble is, I live on the South Circular. The South Circular is a busy road. It's busy all day and all night. Thus opening the window exposes me to the sounds of a busy London road - the roar of bus and lorry engines, the incessant honking of horns coupled with the scream of sirens, and the occasional loud swearing from an incensed driver or pedestrian.

And, this morning, this cacophony had an interesting addition - the sound of roadworks just below my window. Argh. Did I mention I hate Summer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise