logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Matt Damon as Lance?

Opinions? Fizzwhizz, weigh in!

I gotta say, it'll be weird if they make this film. I mean, I'll be first in line to see it - you know my love of sports movies and, well, a sports movie about Lance! That'd be a dream.

But, typically, the sports movies I watch tell stories of which I wasn't previously aware - or, if I was, the knowledge wasn't of any great depth. But I know Armstrong's story - I've been a supporter since 1991 - and so it'll be weird to see a Hollywoodised version of it. I'll probably sit there going: "Hey, that's not how that happened!" and, "Oi, don't forget his first wife is the mother of his children and supported him through his comeback, not Sheryl Crow!" and, "Matt Damon - I mean, what the hell?!"

2 Comments:

  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Fizzwhizz said…

    Well, I'm sure I don't know why you'd think I would have an opinion, because as you know, I'm the last person to think anyone else would be interested in my views on any subject.
    But since you ask, Matt Damon? Who is he again? Is he the dippy one out of Oceans 11 and 12? If so, I hardly think he's quite the type for a Lance biopic. You want someone more sporty-looking, more all-American hero, Matt Damon's more your speccy nerd type (no offence meant to any other spectacle wearers who may be reading this, natch).
    Anyway, I don't see why Lance couldn't play himself, after his great performance in Dodgeball he clearly has the skills. Otherwise, I reckon Brad Pitt's the man.

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger McReadie said…

    Yup, Matt Damon is indeed the dippy one out of Oceans 11 and 12 - he was also Good Will Hunting (full resume here - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000354/). He's the one I can never quite decide whether I like or don't like. I mean, I like Good Will Hunting as a film, but I'm not sure about The Damon himself. I believe he may have a weird mouth. And annoying hair.

    Yes, I'd wondered whether Lance could simply play himself. But I haven't heard talk of this being an option, so I'm currently restricting myself to thinking of Hollywood actors.

    Ah, Pitt. Now I have to say something here which will put me at odds with most of the female population: I've always found Pitt good looking, but not attractive. As a result, the reasons for his popularity have always somewhat eluded me. Ditto Depp, for the record.

    Hmmmm... I cannot yet come up with my own suggestion as to who should play Lance. But, fear not, I'm on the case.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise