logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Friday, July 08, 2005

McReadie Eats Lunch, Watches Cycling

It's a colleague's (and friend's) birthday this weekend. As a result, it had been decided that the whole company should go out for lunch.

We went to a rather nice local pub. Not so long ago, this woulda been an uncomfortable experience for me. Eating out, and with other people, has been difficult for a long time.

You might remember that, more recently, I had been able to eat out, but found myself puking after the event (instead of feeling like puking during it).

Well, today, ate no problem at all. Everything on my plate, in fact. Downed my pineapple juice. Sat and chatted. Went for a hot chocolate with my friend. Returned to the office. Don't feel sick.

My clinical psychologist would ask me how this has happened. He already knows the answer, as do I - by not avoiding the situation, even though it scares me. Face the fear and all that. It's not plesant, but dammit it seems to work.

And, best of all, the pub was showing... The Tour! On a big screen TV! I have never, ever, ever been in a pub which chose to show cycling! Dammit, this place may have to become my new hangout.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger Barbara L. said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger Barbara L. said…

    You go McReadie for facing the fear:-) It can be tough to do, I know, but it can really work wonders.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise