logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Smoking

I don't smoke. Never have. Few reasons:

1) The health thing. It's bad for ya, don't ya know?
2) The cool thing. I was never cool enough to even be offered a cigarette. Worst thing I was offered at school was a chance to join Bridge club.
3) The expense thing

Now the third point there is an important one. I mean, I couldn't do smoking because of the health worries. But I also just can't get my head round what an expensive habit it is. I mean, those little white sticks cost!

Anyway, at the moment, there is a guy working in my office who smokes cigars. These, as I understand it, are even pricier than cigarettes (I'm right, aren't I?)

But he doesn't actually smoke the whole cigar. He just takes a couple of puffs and that's it. I think it's cos he's trying to give up.

Now there are a couple of things that annoy me about this couple of puffs technique. Firstly, I can't imagine it's gonna work. I think cold turkey is the way to go. But secondly, and more importantly for someone as miserly as me, it must be costing him a bloody fortune! What a waste! If you're gonna pay for something that's gonna kill you, at least make the most of it, for crying out loud.

I mean, isn't there some way to put out the cigar and then resmoke it? A friend of mine used to do it with cigarettes. Clearly, the smoking has killed too many of his brain cells, making him unable to figure this out.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise