logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Friday, October 21, 2005

Church: You Crazy Chick

"I think I'm gonna need some therapy
Oh babe I hope you got a PhD
Won't you lay me on the leather couch?
I got a lot I need to talk about"

To clarify, Charlotte - a therapist with a PhD would be a clinical psychologist. The leather couch to which you refer (somewhat of a cliché, frankly) is, however, more commonly associated with Freudian psychoanalysis, sometimes performed by psychiatrists. Psychiatrists do, to be clear, not have PhDs (unless they took 'em for fun) - they are medical doctors. You might want to change your lyric, therefore, to "oh babe, I hope you got an MD" - that would work in the States.

In any case, as far as I can gather, you're hoping that the boy who is making you crazy is capable of giving you therapy. Frankly, such a relationship between a therapist and a client would be highly unprofessional, and you're being a little inappropriate in even suggesting it.

Hope this clears things up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise