logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Fire Blanket's Big Idea (Drumroll, If You Please)

I'm no good at coming up with ideas. I'm hopeless at it, in fact. Some people just seem to have great ideas all the time. I'm not one of them.

What I am good at, however, is trampling all over someone's idea with realistic objections or, alternatively, seizing someone's idea and seeing ways of making it work. And hopefully gaining credit. I hope that with Fire Blanket's Big Idea - which, as I've said, is great - I'll manage to do the latter. I'll try not to take the credit, though. Cos I don't deserve it.

So here's The Idea (click there if you want to read about it in the words of the man who came up with it).

How many of you have been to a film by yourself? (McReadie waves hand in the air at this point). And how many of you have noticed others in the self same screening, also attending by themselves, and thought to yourself that if you had spoken to one another beforehand, you could have gone along to the film together rather than alone?

Well, I've often thought about this. But Mr Ideas Fire Blanket has actually thought of a way of making a difference - setting up an Internet forum where we can post which films we're going to see on our own when. And then, if we so choose, all us individual attenders can make contact. We could have a drink before the film, or a little chat after it, or just nod politely as we enter. Who knows, we might even like fellow individual-attenders and - gasp - make a friend.

A good idea, no? But, as so often, it's taking a little time for the rest of the world to see the light. Perhaps people are just being shy.

If this is the case, then I would remind you of the words of the mighty Larry David:

Cheryl: I thought you didn't like talking to people.
Larry: I don't like talking to people I KNOW, but strangers, I have no problem with.

C'mon. In the words of Fire Blanket - let's all go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise