logo

Google
WWW http://readie.blogspot.com

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Do I Need An Eye Test? You Decide.

The answer to the question: "Does McReadie need an eye test?" is, I suspect, "yes". I probably need an eye test pretty much all of the time. I've worn glasses since I was three years old, I'm astigmatic (to which I have found, with some relief, that - despite the name - there is generally no stigma attached), and my eyes seem to have steadily deteriorated, or at least changed, over the years.

But, being the lover of democracy I am, I have decided to let you - you readers of Nuggets - decide whether or not I should be popping down to the optician. You see, something has happened lately which has made me wonder whether my eyes are getting worse, whether I've suddenly become very stupid, or whether I'm both more blind and more stupid of late.

What happened? Yahoo have decided it's Spring.

Let me explain.

I'm a big user of Yahoo mail, and for about the past six months, Yahoo have been accompanying the login page for their mail service with a little seasonal tableau. I loved the one for Autumn - all turning leaves and shades of brown - I tolerated the one for Winter (it seemed to take ages to load) and, yesterday, found that it was now officially Spring.

If you click here, you'll see the way in which Yahoo have chosen to mark Spring. It's quite cute - rainbows, blue skies, fields, and animals. On the right, a cute little rabbit. I love wild wabbits.

However, on the left, there are three twitching things which are making me wonder whether I need an eye test and/or a brain scan. I can only assume the twitching things are animals of some sort. But what the hell are they meant to be? On first glance, I thought they were geese. But what would geese be doing in a Spring meadow with a wabbit? And why were they twitching? And why were there three of them?

So I got closer to my computer screen. I performed a close examination of the animals. I had hoped for resolution. I got confusion.

I'll be honest with you:

I have not the faintest idea what these animals are meant to be. I couldn't even take a wild guess. I am officially flummoxed.

And it's driving me crazy.

So, hey, do me a favour, wouldya?. Wander over to the site. Take a look at the animals. Tell me what you think they are, either in the comments or in the new poll on the right. And then tell me if I need an eye test. Or an intelligence test. Or both.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:59 AM, Anonymous BB said…

    Weird, weird. What the hang are they? And my eyes tested fine just last year.

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger fire blanket said…

    Oh dear. Mr BB is just indulging you. Tough love is what's called for here - it may not seem nice but it's for your own good.

    Go to the Yahoo site. Bang your head against the monitor and look again. Repeat until the following words flow through your brain in a mantra-like fashion:

    Wabbits. Obviously. Three of them. Sideways on. Eating. Obviously. Wabbits.

    My self-help manual (with demonstration DVD) "Bang your life into shape" is available at all good book shops.

     
  • At 12:36 AM, Anonymous BB said…

    Hmmm, Fire Blanket... I can't see any wabbit ears, just little stubby things where wabbit ears should be. And I have banged my head on my monitor. I think it's some mutant thingy that has escaped form a lab somewhere.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[ Registered ]

Listed on Blogwise